Research has shown that smiling releases endorphins, serotonin and natural pain killers. Endorphins, serotonin and pain killers help us feel good.
Endorphin is a neurochemical (or chemical produced and also found in the brain region). It's function is primarily that of a neurotransmitter (a chemical produced by a nerve cell that helps transmit impulses from nerve to nerve or tissues, muscles, organs etc) and by composition is a polypeptide (containing more than 10 amino acids).
Endorphins have analgesic properties and are endogenous opioid polypeptide compounds. In effect, it enables you to fight pain arising out of an injury or a medical physical/neurological condition such as rheumatic pain or migraine etc more effectively.
Here is a brief on how you could beef up your endorphin stocks in your system:
1. A good workout, outdoors, at the gym or at your home, are great ways to boost your endorphin levels. Physically exerting activity in the range of 20 minutes or over (continuous), causes the body to release endorphins as a defence to fight pain and stress. So you could look at brisk walks, jogging, running, interval training, swimming, dancing, cycling, hiking, group aerobics, gym workouts - you get the idea....Every bit counts - you only need to clock 20 + minutes of continuous exerting activity.
Here is the trick to developing Healthy Habits (21 days - 15/15/15)
Just as it's beneficial to develop the same habits before bed so your body prepares for sleep, Do this for the mornings too.
Try this: When your eye's open -
1. Smile and confess today's scripture verse
2. Do your thing in the bathroom (ya, know)
3. Get on the scale (accountability!)
4. Put on Work out pants and top!
This will send a message a message to yourself that your READY to take care of you.
Think about your present habit of how you wake up and start your day. Drag yourself out of bed with moans about having to get up? Do you shuffle over to the coffee maker and Say "OH, I NEED a cup of coffee".
THe other night we were playing "newly wed game" and the question was for the husbands:
When your wife wakes up in the morning, would you say she is a
Snap dragon,Sunflower or Bird of Paradise
Wow, I want to be a sunflower, how about you!
Just a thought! (Go back and read the posting I wrote where Dr. Leaf talks about "Detoxing our thought life".
This is important:
how do you feel and act when you wear oh... a dressy outfit or a clothes to clean the house, or a uniform. Truly, if you think about it. You feel and act as you dress. If I have on my comfy robe and fluffy slippers... I'll have no motivation to get on my exercise bike! In fact.... that type of morning outfit screams... coffee and a warm Cinnamon roll!
So, Take charge of your health and wellness by Starting each day with a smile, a positive confession and the action of putting on clothes that sends yourself a message: Take care of the Temple of GOD!
NOW SMILE! Carpe diem! (Seize the day!)
PS: Water with a kiss of lemon today 64 oz at least
Smaller portions of unhealthy food choices
SEEK healthy snack and food choices today
WALK , JOG or WALK at least 15 minutes -
meditate/pray and or listen to Christian music with your exercise!