So, you say that you don't eat Sugar.
Ok, for the next 24 hrs read the labels of everything you put in your mouth and then Add up the Grams of Sugar!
It will knock your socks off when you see all the "HIDDEN" sugar in your food
Please, GO to this Web site by Jorge Cruise who interviews Dr. Northrup about Women over 40's and SUGAR! How SUGAR interrupts Hormone balance and increases imbalance in the Body. Also, talks about Cardiovascular disease, Migranes, BONE LOSS (Listen, very informative)
Click on this link: Amazing Interview with Dr. Northrup about Women over 40!
One teaspoon of granulated white sugar is close to four grams. If you buy a bottle of cola with 44 grams of sugar, you would divide 44 by 4, which is equal to 11 teaspoons of sugar. That's a lot of sugar.
It’s true. You can have mild symptoms of a hangover by eating too much sugar.
Here are some of the symptoms of sugar hangover:
- Fuzzy thinking or foggy mind
- Fatigue or sleepiness after meals
- Gas, bloating or extended stomach after meals
- Joint pain
- Skin problems
- Allergy symptoms
- Emotional - Mood swings like emotional highs and then lows (anger, sadness, lack of will power, depression, etc.)
Many of them are actually similar to how you might feel after too much alcohol. And there’s a reason for that...
Too much alcohol, just like too much sugar, affects your kidneys, liver, stomach and small intestines, which explains some of what is happening in your body. Dehydration, electrolyte imbalances, gastrointestinal disturbances and disruption of sleep are some of the results.
Currently, the average American is (often unknowingly) consuming approximately ½ cup of sugar per day. (Read the label of food's you eat for grams of Sugar)
And that’s simply too much for the human body to digest effectively.
Here’s what happens in your body after you eat too much sugar or processed foods2:
- Refined sugars enter your bloodstream.
- Blood sugar levels rise.
- Your pancreas is pressured to release insulin (a hormone that helps sugars get into your cells).
- The insulin helps to use up the sugar rapidly, so blood sugar crashes.
- Your body goes into a sugar low or hypoglycemia.
- More hormones are released to deal with the sugar low and return your body to a balanced state. This actually causes a stress response in your body.
- These hormones squeeze sugar from your liver, sending blood sugar back up.
Too much sugar causes your body to go on a roller coaster ride of ups and downs…and your moods often follow.
Eating Sugar won't make you sweeter. JUST FAT
So when you wake up feeling achey, grumpy, tired.... down in the dumps:
Think, just think where you "spiritually" (what did or did you not ingest spiritually the day before).
Think, just think what did you do yesterday that exercised your Heart, Lungs, Muscles.
Think, just think what are the thoughts and words coming from your mind, heart and MOUTH? Positive? Uplifting? or Negative Nelly and Self Condemnation?
Salute and Ciao and take care of your self