- Muscles cells burn about 70 x's more calories than fat cells, which is why they are so crucial for maintaing weight loss
- Skipping meals or going for more than twelve hours without eating lowers your metabolic rate by about 40%
- The more muscle you have, the higher your metabolic rate
- A sluggish metabolic rate is usually caused by crash diets, yo-yo diets, overeating, skipping meals and choosing the wrong foods.
- Chronic stress lowers the metabolic rate and programs the body to store fat.
- Aging usually is associated with hormonal imbalance, muscle loss, and a lower metabolic rate.
- Aging usually is associated with hormonal imbalance, muscle loss and a lower metabolic rate
- Many medications lower the metabolic rate
These are NOT EXCUSES
but area's to explore so they can be addressed when seeking
OPTIMAL HEALTH and WELLNESS.
|So you have bad knees? How about no legs?|